Author Topic: Hi my name is Dave Olsen  (Read 2317 times)

DaveO

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Hi my name is Dave Olsen
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:07:51 »
  My name is Dave Olsen and I have posted on NG/Fotozones for a few years under DaveO.  My grandfathers name was Olsen and my grandmother's name was Olson, so I'm both Swedish and Norwegian on my father's side.  German on my mother's side.  I live in Tennessee in the US.  Moved here after I retired in 2003 after working in Houston and New Orleans for different oil companies for 34 years.
   I got into photography when I was about 15 years old ( over 50 years ago ).  One of these days I may get half way good at it.  My main camera is a Nikon D 300s, but I have a couple of point and shoot digital cameras and a who drawer full of point and shoot film cameras up until my last ( a Yashica T4 ).  I got into digital with a Canon Powershot S10 with the 2.1 mp sensor.  I was hooked by the quality of the images and the fact that you didn't have to send film out to get developed and returned 10 days later.
   I see that there are a lot of old names here that I remember from some of the other forums. 
   I hope that I can contribute to the success of this site and learn as I have from the other forums that I frequent.
David Olsen

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Hi my name is Dave Olsen
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 05:23:20 »
Today I learned that a lot of people here still use and enjoy the D300s although I feel this camera to be quite limiting compared to current offerings. I had the chance to test it once against the D7000 and it already was far behind at that time.

Two thoughts: 1) Nikon could make a lot of money with a proper successor of the D300s although I consider the D7200 to be one that feeling is not shared much with the older hands it seems. 2) I am very curios how you and other D300s users would enjoy the D7100 or D7200 in a practical test.

Welcome

Frank
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: Hi my name is Dave Olsen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 05:30:08 »
Hi Dave :)
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za