Author Topic: Jacques from Paris...  (Read 2256 times)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Jacques from Paris...
« on: June 15, 2015, 00:46:59 »
When I signed in NikonGear, it became Fotozone, I only had a few posts there when it came back to NG Revival... :-)
In another life I used to be a moderator at Nikonians.org. As some, I use Flickr and Ipernety (french site) to post pictures.
I'm an Architect with a practice and a teaching and from time to time indulge in paid photography work for my school of architecture. But don't ask me to shoot architecture, I'm more in portraits or street, the latest in the good old definition of taking pictures of streets, as they change quickly through time !!!

Photography is for me what fishing must be to others :-) A way to clean my mind of all that stress that goes along with work, sort of "Zen and the art of picture making.." :-)

Lately I've discovered the Df, and I'm very happy with it, sort of stopped a bit the Nikon acquisition syndrome on the camera part, but now I'm searching all those great Ai, and AIs lenses I missed while growing up.

Now I need to read how to post pictures... :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

antonoat

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Jacques from Paris...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 00:52:17 »
Jacques,
You will find many here with a similar mindset, great to have you along for the ride!

tony
Tony Oaten

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:35:23 »
Jacques,  great to see you here .  I'm getting the hang of MF, finally, and spending more time with wide angles.  Monsoon has arrived so will be shooting wet birds, wet people , umbrellas and hopefully some wild seascapes  :) .  I may fly to Pondicherry in the next couple of weeks (but the name has been changed) and stay in White Town.... hopefully still some good French Cuisine around  :) .

I look forward to seeing many more of your images.
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 05:12:49 »
How the cityscape changes over time. One of my main interests in photography. Very difficult though. Looking forward for your Zen in Pixels.

Frank
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/