Author Topic: Hello, from the flat, wet, green part of Texas!  (Read 1979 times)

RexGig0

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Hello, from the flat, wet, green part of Texas!
« on: June 14, 2015, 21:56:47 »
Hello to all! My name is Rex, from the southeastern part of Texas. I am glad to have found this place, the result of a discussion on another forum. It seems the Nikon Df is respected here.  :)
Rex Michael Gigout

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Hello, from the flat, wet, green part of Texas!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 21:57:48 »
You are welcome with any camera here, as long as it is used for its intended purpose....

RexGig0

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Hello, from the flat, wet, green part of Texas!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:35 »
Thanks for the welcome! I have been reading your naturfotograf.com site for several years, and I am thankful that it has remained available as a reference site. When I tried to join the first Nikon Gear site, something malfunctioned during registration, but i remained an occasional reader, for a while. I never joined Fotozones.

As for the Df, I do not (yet) have one, but bought one for my wife earlier this year, as an early retirement gift. (She finally retired in May.) She is the mentor who guided me into DSLR shooting, but had remained with DX for the smaller size and lesser weight. The Df is a good fit for her; my D700 cameras are too large and heavy for her taste. She concluded her career, as a forensic investigator/photographer for the Harris County (Texas) medical examiner, using a personally-owned D7000.
Rex Michael Gigout